Lightroom 1.3 Update Feature/Problem Summary
Posted by larrylohrman on November 26, 2007
I was glad to get the Lightroom 1.3 update just for the fixes it had to Leopard on the Mac platform. However, the Lightroom 1.3 update had a good deal more than just fixes so it would behave well on Leopard. Martin Evening over at Light Room News has a couple of posts in the last week that explain some of the new features in 1.3:
- The new export dialog – There are fairly extensive improvements here as well as the release of an export developers SDK so developers can build custom export applications.
- More Airtight galleries added to the Web module – I’ve talked about the Airtight galleries for Lightroom in previous posts. Now Adobe has included the Simpleviewer, Postcardviewer and Autoviewer in the 1.3 distribution.
LRN is one of my favorite Lightroom resources. Another great (but a little more geeky) LR resource is Lightroom Journal done by Lightroom developers…LJ has the inside stuff straight from the “horse’s mouth”.
It’s worth noting that according to the LR developers there are still several outstanding problems with LR running on Leopard that are still unresolved as of LR 1.3:
- Time Machine compatibility — Disable Time Machine on LR directory
- Print Module bug
- Lightroom/Finder compatibility
- Import problem when importing directly from memory cards
Wow, I thought 1.3 fixed the Leopard issues but it sounds like there is still a ways to go. I’m glad that Adobe understands the value of transparency. I like understanding the outstanding problems instead of running into them unexpectedly!